My travels is all about... My views, thoughts and experiences on/about/at/with random places of interest, persons, things, events, issues etc,. I am an eternal student with a restless mind and a tumultuous heart!

Saturday, March 21, 2020

An ode to the the art

The tides of reality swept over my mythical sand castles,
and the jackals roamed about with fake smiles.
But there in the nadir of the self, a flower of optimism blossomed,
and the beauty of chaos and uncertainty appealed to me as an emotion lost and found.

The wandering Srinatha, the grotesque Poe and the poignant Ghalib - all masters,
this craft of the bygone era clasped me to her soul, and I forgot all the disasters.
Voila! Like Proust's Madelaine, a plethora of memories ran through my mind,
with the frantic hours of stress, I forged a Truce of sorts, but not an everlasting kind.

The dance of the words tallied with the thoughts of the mind and the travails of the heart,
Cui Bono? Is there a logic to emotions or a science that measures the worth of an art?
The fame of Shakespeare, the respect of Vishwanadha - what ends do I crave?
To put a smile on few faces, to comfort a few and to inspire a few - not even these I care..

Solace reigns in the art of pursuing a hobby without caring anyone's judgement,
for I am the master of my own fate and the captain of my own ship.
Why take sides in endless battles when you can flirt with and fit on any side?
for this is my ode to the art, a tribute and an indulgence in itself, and on this road not taken, I have my own ride!





Poem - 'An Ode to the art'
On the even of UNESCO World Poetry day 2020.


Maheeth Veluvali,
Saturday - 21st of March, 2020,
Palakollu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment