My travels is all about... My views, thoughts and experiences on/about/at/with random places of interest, persons, things, events, issues etc,. I am an eternal student with a restless mind and a tumultuous heart!

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Pachyderm of Prayaga


The Pachyderm of Prayaga
(Allegory - Poem) 

" Amidst a joyful banter in the jeep, I was away lost deep in my own thoughts,
And we stopped before Lord Hanuman’s Temple, yet I was still connecting the dots.
 The frustration of failure, the fear of future, the glory of the past and….
Somewhere among all these, I lay hopelessly drummed.

Then it was there that I saw, this pachyderm of Prayaga,
A Mighty elephant loyally bound, en route to Gaya.
I wonder what strength lies beneath the simple chains of the gentle giant,
 Is that legal? My brain asked but My heart is not quaint.

But as I look at it once more, and I feel that I’m this elephant,
Shackled by my own thoughts, the strength in me is not decadent.
And, the elephant trumpeted, a wake cup call not to plummet,
A sign that even a badly chained elephant could happily trumpet.

 I thanked the Pachyderm of Prayaga, for the invaluable lesson imparted,
To enjoy the simple pleasures of life, to live before being  departed,
And Most Importantly, - “To Trumpet happily every once in a while, forgetting everything” "








References (If any)

1. Place and Date -
@ - Lord Hanuman's Temple, Near Tiveni Sangam, Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)
On -21st of July, 2015

2. Subject - Elephant (Allegory Poem) - "The Pachyderm of Prayaga"
-



11 comments: