My travels is all about... My views, thoughts and experiences on/about/at/with random places of interest, persons, things, events, issues etc,. I am an eternal student with a restless mind and a tumultuous heart!

Sunday, April 25, 2021

But, all alone I dreamed,

Way past midnight, I dreamed a dream that no one dared dream, 
as panic gave way for peace, there was no talk of the doom
for a hundred thousand oxygen tankers ran to the rescue of ailing ones,
But, all alone I dreamed, for dawn came damning millions  

Yesterday, I was a besotted hero, today I was barricaded by fate
A prisoner of my own thoughts, a pensioner of my testy past
The tonnes of fake news, disinformation failed to make me cry
But, all alone I dreamed, like a lake that's sunk, a river that's dry.

Way past midnight, when nightmares dominate, I dreamed a dream
Of a happy present, to live in the moment, a call for carpe diem.
behold, bliss beyond the scope of logic and filters of feelings...
But, all alone I dreamed, for I lost track of reality and it's trappings.

Pride of the pristine past? What good does it do to a raging heart?
Promise of a fabulous future? What comfort it gives to a restless mind? 
The tryst with destiny turned into a mirage of cruelty
But, all alone I dreamed, for that dream is a work of art, a true beauty!  


"But, all alone I dreamed," - Poem (English)
Maheeth Veluvali, 
Sunday - 25th of April, 2021
16 Saladi Jamindar Street, Palakollu,

No comments:

Post a Comment