My travels is all about... My views, thoughts and experiences on/about/at/with random places of interest, persons, things, events, issues etc,. I am an eternal student with a restless mind and a tumultuous heart!

Monday, March 1, 2021

From Salary, with Love, to Petrol!

(My heart skipped a beat when I looked at the reading of the Petrol Bunk -  1.03 Litre(s) for Rs.100/-! This was how 'salary' reacted poetically to the growth of his beloved, unreachable and unapproachable 'petrol')

In the times of Fire and Wheel, ours is a tryst set by the masses;
Me, a middle class dreamer and you, the fantastic fuel of all classes!
A darling made dearer by the Arab Crisis and unknown higher levies,
and so, each passing day takes you away from my reach. 
 
Why so serious? Why so aloof and why so ambitious? 
Even the stars of the sky bow before my master's aspirations.
If only you knew how much of me you've taken and torn apart;
if only you'd come down once lest we be forced to take the ancient cart.
 
To gain your favor and seek your blessings, treaties are made and wars are fought..
Alas, I could make none, for I am a mere pawn trapped and caught. 
You grow and glow like a heartless giant, but I have a larger heart.
Heed to me and fall, my dear, and you will see for yourself, a connoisseur's art! 

(From Salary, with Love, to Petrol!)
Poem/Allegory - English


Maheeth Veluvali, 
Monday, 1st of March, 2021,.
16 Saladi Jamindar Street, Palakollu.

6 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow... Your sense of wit is outstanding my dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 👍👌Adirindhi iam very privileged to know a bilingual poet like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry dear salary
    Because I'm sure
    There's full fledged plan to replace me
    With beautiful sun energy and other bio fuels
    If we ever cross paths again please remember me with love
    As day by day I'm becoming scarce


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, this is very innovative & creative comment. Thanks Hemlata.

      Delete